He and I were both on Match so we broke things up into a point system.
- You wink at someone - 1 point (cannot count for more than 25% of your total score)
- Someone winks back at you - 1 point (cannot count for more than 25% of your total score)
- Someone of the same sex winks at you - 2 points
- Someone you would actually want to go out with winks at you - 2 points
- Someone winks at your from a different country - 3 points (you cannot have winked at them first to receive full points. PS. This has totally happened to me. A 65-year-old man from Japan winked at me. I did not wink back. But, EXTRA POINTS!)
- Someone who is old enough to be your parent winks or emails you - 1/2 point (ewww!)
- Someone emails you - 1 point
- Someone emails you with no grammar or spelling errors! (Those of you who are online dating know this is very rare!) - 2 points
- Someone emails you who you actually want to go out with - 3 points
- You exchange "real" email addresses! - 3 points
- You go on a Match.com date - 5 points
- You go on a 2nd date with someone you met on Match - 5 points
- You date someone off Match.com for longer than 6 weeks and then break-up. No points, but the other player pays for your new subscription so they have someone to "play" with!
The first one to 100 points owed the other one dinner. Duh, I won. I was winking and sending emails like it was my job. I also went on some very interesting dates. Don't worry - those stories are coming this week. Fun times, get excited!